This morning I was gently, and lovingly, scolded by a friend of mine, that I should do a better job keeping people abreast of what is happening with Common Thread Ministries. He said, “Mark, I would never have known about your new book, that your first book is now in Swahili, that you are going to Kenya in August and that you are doing these pastor’s conferences, Conference Call Praying on Monday Wednesday and Friday mornings, or The Wounded Pastor interviews, had you and I not talked this morning. Tell others about these things so they can participate in what you are doing!”
So here goes…
- You can see my weekly schedule by going to our calendar. I am honored that so many churches allow me to serve them by speaking to them. But a few unique things are also going on the remainder of this year:
- We are holding Pastor’s Prayer Conferences in Metter GA (May 20), Winder GA (August 12), Morven GA (September 23) and are talking to pastors about a few other locations. These are designed help pastors with THEIR prayer life. These are NOT to give them programs to take back to their congregations. This is for them, the pastors! And they’re FREE…to pastors, lay leaders, and anyone that comes.
- As a result of the first Pastor’s Conference in January, in Lawrenceville GA we started a Monday, Wednesday, Friday Conference Call for ANYONE, not just pastors. We are having a sweet time of prayer. We start at 7am and conclude about 7:30am (Eastern Time). There is something special about starting the day in corporate prayer. We have a web page dedicated to it as well as an FB page.
- This last December, Dr. John Waters and I were at breakfast and both, I think at the same time, said, “We need to reach out to our pastors.” So last month we started a monthly interview, with and for Wounded Pastors. We’ve completed one already and will be doing the second one, the last Monday of this month. It will be live and will only last 20 minutes, so please join us. You can see information about it at our Twitter page and we have a Web page that is under construction.
- Another surprise to 2013 is that I am going to Kenya in August, God has opened an INCREDIBLY unlikely door there, where I will be speaking to pastors of this denomination on “Approaching God with Brokenness and Listening to Him.” To say the least, I am eager to go through this door. To that end my first book, Prayer Made Alive, which my wife and I took to Mexico in 2009 (in both English and Spanish) has been translated in Swahili and we are working through the final edits now.
- Speaking of books, I have a number of things that I have written, but no release from God to publish them. Well, recently “there-came-a-prompting” to write a new book, the third in the Prayer Made Alive series, and it will be out in a week or two. This is a companion to the Prayer Cards which we offer on our resource table. This book gives very specific prayers, on very specific subjects, for each prayer card, and in some cases multiple prayers. What is quickly becoming, and what I hope will be a highlight of the book, is The Forward. I asked pastors whose churches I have already spoken at, to give me a sentence or two, and the response is phenomenal, and humbling, and yet, exciting. It is exciting to see how God is using this ministry for HIS glory!
Thank you my friend for your encouragement…chasitesment. Love you man!
And to all of you, I hope this is helpful. I am very grateful for your prayers. I may be in the prayer business, but believe me, I cannot, excuse me, I CANNOT do this without your prayer support.
Mark S Mirza
Common Thread Ministries